Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy 72nd Birthday Pak!!

Happy 72nd birthday!! Many happy returns to a man who is not only a wonderful dad to Am and I but who has also assumed fatherhood for the sake of my aunts and uncles since the departure of our beloved grandfather.

As Pak Ajie would often quip, consistent doses of his gases has severely affected Am, Ajie and my chances of becoming lawyers or doctors but nevertheless, we won't be where we are today without his love and guidance. And that certainly supersedes and neutralizes the effects of the many, many doses of harzadous gases...Thankfully, the third generation has been spared and in Wani (Insha Allah) we see the first doctor in the family, alongside many others who, with your help, are successful in their chosen careers.

No words can fully appreciate everything that you have done for us and perhaps the lyrics to Kenny Rogers "Through The Years" will help us wish you a very, very happy birthday and May Allah grant you the best that the rest of your life has to offer.

I can't remember when you weren't there
When I didn't care for anyone but you
I swear we've been through everything there is
Can't imagine anything we've missed
Can't imagine anything the two of us can't do

Through the year, you've never let me down
You turned my life around, the sweetest days I've found
I've found with you ... through the years
I've never been afraid, I've loved the life we've made
And I'm so glad Ive stayed, right here with you
Through the years

I can't remember what I used to do
Who I trusted whom, I listened to before
I swear you've taught me everything I know
Can't imagine needing someone so
But through the years it seems to me
I need you more and more

Through the years, through all the good and bad
I knew how much we had, I've always been so glad
To be with you ... through the years
It's better everyday, you've kissed my tears away
As long as its okay, I'll stay with you
Through the years

Through the years, when everything went wrong
Together we were strong, I know that I belonged
Right here with you ... through the years
I never had a doubt, we'd always work things out
I've learned what loves about, by loving you
Through the years

Through the years, you've never let me down
Youve turned my life around, the sweetest days Ive found
Ive found with you ... through the years
Its better everyday, youve kissed my tears away
As long as its okay, Ill stay with you
Through the years!

Posted by Picasa


11 comments:

Sweet Serenity said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAK and may ALLAH grant you happiness and good health.

From your only son outlaw.

Again,
Best Wishes on your 72nd.

anedra said...

Happy Birthday to Pak Tam!! I always remember you when I look in the mirror..cos according to my dad..I'm "colored" after you since I took such a liking for you when I saw you for the first time that I changed color! And hence I am not putih like the rest.

So yes Pak Tam - I love you to bits and I love the colour, (thank you even if u r not responsible for it!) Happy turning 72!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABANG...Selamat Hari Jadi to one hell of an ABANG in the family...who took us down to many many memorable lanes....

To any story book if ever written, will be a rainbow of colors...we have seen them all, experienced them all, taste them all,smell them all,we have been through them all......and we are blessed...with the many good years of love and caring towards one another...maybe not that obvious...but our love is strong...with SIS around, the bond remains solid...we may sway to left and right sometimes but...we are one hell of a family with Abang 22...32...42...52...62..and now 72....Alhamdulillah still with us and to remind us of the many good times we have together...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABANG. If we can turn back the clock ....I would choose the same joyous path ...of couse with you around....leading the way.MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU ALWAYS.

From chomat.....

Anonymous said...

Hello Pak Tam,

Happy Birthday!!! Forget about the cheese or chocolate cake... Bring out the lovely gulai kari, sambal belacan and for me, some friend chicken... Now thats a birthday party!!! Miss you lots.. Its damn bloody cold here!!! Happy Birthday Pak Tam... From Geneva with love...

Hugs

azr

ajieothman said...

To Abang Lid, Bapu or Tam Polis

Happy turning 72, May Allah bless u and let's 'gulai bawai and sambal belacan today

from Yaya, hilman, Iman, Ummar & Adam n not forgetting their lovely Papa & Mama

Kak Teh said...

Happy birthday Abang! Sorry, london ni lambat sikit sebab tambang mahai! Hope you have a wonderful 25th oh, 72nd birthday bersama semua yang disayangi. Sorry, we cannot be there with you. My children are always talking about you and how much they love both the Tams.

Kak Teh said...

Oli, tell Pak and Mak to tune in to (hmmmm if they can lah!) www.nusoundradio.com on Sunday at 11 pm - london time 3pm as I will be presenting a community radio. I hpe to be able to dedicate a song to him on hi birthday. Dengark tau!

Sweet Serenity said...

You know my parents are technologically impaired!! This daughter included...need Am to help

Kak Teh said...

Just spoke to the birthday boy - all you have to do is log in www.nusoundradio.com and click, click here to listen live. that must be at 11pm yr time. jangan tidork.

Sweet Serenity said...

ok mak teh. Thanks everyone for posting your birthday wishes and making it extra special for my dad. Love all of u - oli

Anonymous said...

happy birthday tam!!! hope to see everyone soon!! from nona